Wednesday, December 7, 2016
Tuesday, December 6, 2016
Hey H and M kids, its that time of year again! It is time to give back to our community and start collecting items for Sponsor a Family. You will find a little snowman to the right of this post that has a link to the kids we are buying gifts for. Find your class hour and table color and coordinate with your table what gifts you want to buy, maybe even make a chart to make sure you cover everything on the list! In addition to gifts, Meijer, Kroger and other grocery store gift cards are much needed for meals during the holidays!! We are hoping to collect all items by Monday, December 19th so we can have adequate time to fill in any gaps. We will wrap these gifts and deliver them on Thursday, December 22nd. In addition, this year we are adding Hygiene/ Toiletry baskets/boxes. We will compile boxes of detergent, soap, shampoo and conditioner, deodorant, feminine hygiene products(pads, panty liners, etc) and fabric softener, in addition to any other hygiene products that could be useful to the families that they may not have access to. These we will put together on Wednesday, December 21st and delivered to the schools to be handed out to the families in need. Thank you for all your donations, lets make this year the most successful yet and show these families love! Cassie Ritter H&M Lead
Friday, December 2, 2016
Thursday, December 1, 2016
Tuesday, November 29, 2016
1st in Human Body Systems students need to complete their Maniken work and set in the display for me to grade Wednesday. Students need to be assigned into the 7 different groups for the great PBJ Adventure. Ms. Vincent will help with the assignments of students to the different groups. 2nd Priniples of Biomedical Science students need to complete their day in the life of a diabetic. 4th5th Medical Interventions Senior class and they will work well independently on their activities. Students are to continue working on their Genetic Counselor client.
Monday, November 21, 2016
Tuesday, November 15, 2016
- Please read Smith Family Bulletin #2; Baby On Board.
- Please copy down and take the Act 2.1.1 survey, part 1.
Friday, November 11, 2016
Monday, November 7, 2016
Tuesday, November 1, 2016
- Could there be some kind of molecular editing system? What tools could be devised to work with genes?
- Could scientists then create tailored DNA molecules? In the early 1970s, researchers discovered naturally-occurring enzymes that could be used to tailor-make DNA molecules.
- The idea that DNA still "functions" when transferred from one organism to another opened up worlds of possibilities.
- Could biomedical scientists insert the DNA sequence for human insulin into bacteria, and let the bacteria be the factory to produce unlimited quantities of insulin?